NOVEMBER 18 ELECTION REMINDERS
BATON ROUGE, La. — Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin reminds voters that Saturday, Nov. 18, is Election Day for the General Election.
In preparation for the election, Secretary Ardoin encourages voters to remember:
● Early voting is Nov. 3 - 11 (excluding Sunday, Nov. 5 and Friday, Nov. 10 for Veterans Day) from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
● The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Nov. 14 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters). Voters can request an absentee ballot online through the Voter Portal or in writing through the Registrar of Voters Office.
● The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is Nov. 17 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
● Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
● Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones, or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com and logging into the Voter Portal.
● Voters can sign up for electronic notifications via GeauxVote Mobile.
● Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport, or a digital license via LA Wallet).
● Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
For more information, or to report potential polling place accessibility issues, please call the Elections Hotline at 800-883-2805, with TDD/TTY access at 711, or email the Elections Division at email@example.com.
To view and download this Press Release, click here.